Technical Art Director (AAA Next-Gen)
- Are you inspired by the combination of the artistic and the technical? Do you have a foot in both worlds with a finger on the button when it comes to breaking new tech boundaries, weighing up what kind of tools and personnel are needed to make the best art possible?
I’m looking for an outstanding leader capable of driving the long-term vision for tech art across this super-successful studio – a candidate ready to get things done.
- Along with multi-disciplinary studio team, manage the build of the content generation pipeline, drive the art visuals and introduce new tools and processes to continue awesome art.
- Develop technical art standards, best practices, and techniques and stay current with industry trends.
- Mentor, guide, and lead the studio tech artists and lead recruitment and training of new studio talent.
- Eligibility to work in the US (additional sponsorship possible for Australian and Canadian nationals)
- Minimum ten years of professional experience in game art (minimum four full-cycle console titles shipped) including proficiency in some or all of: physically based rendering (PBR), lighting, shading, material authoring, environment or character authoring, FX, performance analysis, graphics content optimization.
- Intimate knowledge of either Maya or 3DS Max and expertise in MEL/Python/HLSL. Working knowledge of programming languages like C++ or C# is desirable
- Solid understanding of 3D math and related concepts.
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills and strong personal interest in video games and knowledge of industry trends and innovations.
On offer is a competitive salary and fully comprehensive benefits package including:- paid holiday scheme, medical and dental cover, 401K plan and even assistance with Legal, Home and Car insurance.
Also available is relocation support for those successful candidates not already in the local area, temporary housing (if required) immediately following a relocation, and a scheme to help with the cost of commuting. If you’re interested and feel you meet the above, please get in touch!
More jobs from this consultant
- Gameplay Camera Designer
If you’re looking for stellar job opportunities from AAA studios both sides of the Atlantic th...
- F2P Product Manager (Mobile Game)
F2P Product Manager (Mobile Game) San Francisco ...
- Lead Artist (AAA Console/VR)
Lead Artist (AAA Console/VR) Manchester, UK ...
- Senior Tech Artist (AAA Console/VR)
Senior Tech Artist (AAA Console/VR) Manchester, UK ...
- Art Manager (Outsourcing)
Art Manager (Outsourcing) California, USA ...