Right to Object: You have a legal right to object at any time to:
(i) use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes; and
(ii) processing of your personal information which is based on our legitimate interests, unless there are compelling legitimate ground for our continued processing.
What Data will be collected/processed?
We will collect your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details (together with your e-mail address) along with other relevant information from your Curriculum Vitae ("CV"). Your details and CV electronically will be received electronically, this may be through email, social media, a direct application on our website or an application that you have made through a third party job board.
We may on occasion obtain further personal information about you during the course of our relationship with you. This information may be obtained from you directly or from third parties, such as previous employers and those who you have engaged with you as part of a job application.
For what purpose is the Data collected and used?
We use your data to enable Gravity Recruitment Ltd to provide the necessary Recruitment Services to you and our clients. We may also use your contact details to provide you with updates on new potential employment opportunities via telephone, SMS, or email. Your data will not be used for any other purposes without first informing you and, if necessary, seeking your consent.
What is our lawful basis for processing your data?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we process your data under Article 6 (1f), legitimate interests, as it is necessary to enable us to provide you with our services and (1a) consent to the processing and sharing your data with third parties
Who will have access to the Data?
Only Gravity Recruitment Ltd employees will be able to access data held about you, other than in circumstances where it may be necessary to share your information with relevant third parties as part of the job application process, this may include the following
- Our clients who have suitable vacancies in which you are interested, this may also include non-EU organizations
- Employment reference checking
- Skills/Psychometric evaluations
- Qualification checks
At no point will any of your personal information be passed on to any third party, without first asking for your explicit consent.
How long we will hold your data.
The length of time we will hold or store your personal information for will depend on the services we perform for you and for how long you require these. As we often support candidates with placements over many years, and potentially throughout their careers, the purpose for which we retain candidate data is often an ongoing purpose. We conduct regular data-cleansing and updating exercises with our candidates to ensure that (a) the data that we hold is accurate and (b) we are not holding data for too long. As outlined below you have the Right to Erasure of your data, if you wish to carry out this right, please contact us to discuss further
Under the new regulations, you have a number of rights concerning any personal data we hold about you, including:
- Right of access- You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Where we have good reason, and if the GDPR permits, we can refuse your request for a copy of your personal information, or certain elements of the request. If we refuse your request or any element of it, we will provide you with our reasons for doing so.
- Right to rectification - If personal information we hold about you is not accurate, out of date or incomplete, you have a right to have the data rectified, updated or completed.
- Right to erasure - In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that personal information we hold about you is erased e.g. if the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed or our processing of the information is based on your consent and there are no other legal grounds on which we may process the information.
- Right to restriction of processing - In certain circumstances, you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information by contacting us. For example, if we are processing your information on the basis of our legitimate interests and there are no compelling legitimate grounds for our processing which override your rights and interests. You also have the right to object to use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. You may also have the right to restrict our use of your personal information, such as in circumstances where you have challenged the accuracy of the information and during the period where we are verifying its accuracy.
- Right of data portability In certain instances, you have a right to receive any personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You can ask us to transmit that information to you or directly to a third party organisation.
- The above right exists only in respect of personal information that:
- you have provided to us previously; and
- is processed by us using automated means.
While we are happy for such requests to be made, we are not able to guarantee technical compatibility with a third party organisation's systems. We are also unable to comply with requests that relate to personal information of others without their consent.
Should you wish to invoke any of these rights, please contact us to discuss further.
Tel: +44 (0)1302 319101
Post: Gravity Recruitment Ltd
Balby Court Business Campus
Balby Carr Bank